The Cathedral Choir

Back to Time Period
The Cathedral Choir

The choir and presbytery (area around the high altar) were built and furnished in the years 1290-1328, and are a major monument of the English Decorated style. This view, engraved by W. Deeble from a drawing by J. Gandy, shows its Georgian choir stalls and pulpit, removed in Gilbert Scott's restoration of 1870-7.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum