The Cathedral Cloisters after clearance

Back to Time Period
The Cathedral Cloisters after clearance

The engraving shows the appearance of the north side of the cloisters after the demolition of the hovels in 1817 and subsequent repairs conducted for the Dean and Chapter by John Kendall. The engraving shows the rooflines of the demolished buildings, still evident in the medieval fabric today.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum