Plan of the tram system

Back to Time Period
Plan of the tram system

Electric trams were introduced into Exeter in 1905 and ran until 1931. Their depot was located off Paris Street, with lines running from Cowick Street to Pinhoe Road; and from St David's station to Fore Street. This plan, drawn by J.C. Gillham, shows the origins of the layout: the horse-drawn trams of the years prior to 1905. The plan also appears in R.C. Sambourne's book Exeter: A Century of Public Transport.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum

Share on Facebook