The ‘Tudor Room’ at St Nicholas Priory

Back to Time Period
The ‘Tudor Room’ at St Nicholas Priory

The view shows the so-called 'Tudor Room' at St Nicholas Priory with its fine plaster ceiling of c.1580, its tall three-light mullioned window and its fireplace. The walls were stripped of their plasterwork during restoration of the building in the years around 1915 and were originally covered with oak panelling. This, however, was removed in the late 19th century and was subsequently destroyed.

Acknowledgments: Exeter City Museums