The mosaic at the Old Police Station

Back to Time Period
The mosaic at the Old Police Station

This mosaic was discovered in 1887 in Pancras Lane (now part of the Guildhall Shopping Centre). The drawing shows it not long after discovery. It shows three abutting roundels in red, blue-grey and white tesserae (cubes), with bands of coarser red tile bordering the walls.

Acknowledgments: The Devon and Exeter Institution