The Cathedral and Bishop’s Palace

Back to Time Period
The Cathedral and Bishop’s Palace

This view of the cathedral with the adjacent 13th-century chapel of the Bishop's Palace (left) was popular with artists. It shows the late 13th-century Lady Chapel and flanking chapels rising to the choir and presbytery (area around high altar) of c. 1290 - 1320. This view was prepared for Winkles Cathedrals Series c. 1840.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum