The hall of the Vicars Choral

Back to Time Period
The hall of the Vicars Choral

In the early 16th century the hall of the Vicars Choral was lavishly furnished with oak panelling, some of it elaborately carved. It reflects the comfortable life style of the Cathedral clergy before the Reformation. The 20th-century print by N.H. Baird shows the hall as it appeared shortly before its destruction in 1942.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum