Doorcase from Bamfylde Street

Back to Time Period
Doorcase from Bamfylde Street

The doorcase was removed from 5 Bamfylde Street (near Princesshay) when the house was demolished in the 1920s. The six-panel pine door is surrounded by two orders of pilasters with moulded capitals; the semi-circular fanlight has internal gothic tracery, above which is a pediment with two bands of floral ornament. These details indicate a date between 1770 and 1800.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum