The Admiral Duckworth medal (reverse)

Back to Time Period
The Admiral Duckworth medal (reverse)

Admiral Duckworth built Wear House (now the Golf and Country Club) in 1804. He is buried in Topsham church. The silver medal displays on the obverse a portrait bust of Duckworth with the legend 'ADMIRAL SIR J.T. DUCKWORTH BART. GCB', the reverse 'DEDICATED BY HIS FOLLOWERS TO THE MEMORY OF THEIR ILLUSTROUS COMMANDER MDCCCXVIII' [1818].

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum