The church of Allhallows–on–the–Walls

Back to Time Period
The church of Allhallows–on–the–Walls

Allhallows, built in Bartholomew Yard, belonged to the new generation of churches in the Decorated Gothic style which was becoming popular all over England.

The church was designed by John Hayward, the leading local architect of his day, and built in 1843-5. The old Allhallows parish church had stood at the foot of Fore Street and had been demolished to make way for New Bridge Street in the 1770s.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum