Poster of the St Anne’s Well Brewery Company

Back to Time Period
Poster of the St Anne’s Well Brewery Company

The brewery, which stands beside the Iron Bridge, is one of the most impressive monuments of late Victorian Exeter. The new brewery was begun on this site in 1873 and greatly expanded in the 1890s. From 1889 it was known as the St Anne's Well Brewery because it took its water from a well of that name in St Sidwell's parish.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum