The High Street before the Blitz

Back to Time Period
The High Street before the Blitz

The hand tinted etching by Primrose Pitman shows the High Street, looking towards the Guildhall in the distance, before the war. On the right is St Lawrence's church, with Bruford's and Eland's beyond; Deller's café is on the left. All the buildings in the foreground were lost in 1942.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum