An Exeter City Water stop–cock cover

Back to Time Period
An Exeter City Water stop–cock cover

This cast iron stop-cock cover was placed in a pavement, allowing access to domestic water supplies. It is believed to have been made at Garton and King's works in Tan Lane, Marsh Barton, before 1940. Examples are still to be seen in Exeter streets.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum