Brass plaque of Willey and Co

Back to Time Period
Brass plaque of Willey and Co

Willey and Co. were an iron founding and engineering firm who made a range of goods, notably gas appliances, gas holders and gas meters. Among the structures for which it made the parts was the suspension bridge across the Exe below Trew's Weir. In the 1930s the firm was the largest single employer in the city.

This brass plaque, dated 1941, comes from a light meter made by the firm at their premises at Water Lane and in Willeys Avenue.

Acknowledgments: Peter Edwards RAM Museum