Roman coin from Silver Terrace

Back to Time Period
Roman coin from Silver Terrace

This worn coin of bronze was issued by the emperor Constantius II (AD 337-361). By this time Roman coinage had become much debased, and small change of this sort is quite common on Roman sites. This is one of several pieces of evidence for Roman activity in the area of St David’s church. It was found in the garden of 6 Silver Terrace, near the boundary wall of Bury Meadow, in 1951.

Acknowledgments: RAM Museum